5/6/12

Vintage Cars Rock!


"Hot Wheels"
11" x 14" oil

  I came from a family of old car lovers, so it was just a matter of time before I painted me some.
You can't beat the classic lines and all the chrome on the classics. I painted this from a photo reference, but my approach remains exactly the same. The challenge was getting all those lines and color down correctly. I tried to  keep most of the detail on the trunks and back windshields to help draw your eye there. The light on the roof was doing some cool stuff, but I downplayed that. I like how the warm shadow colors on the wall turned out. I'm learning that all my shadows don't have to be the same mixture and always cool.



2 comments:

  1. You really have a gift for painting cars, tractors, truck etc and making them looking exciting with the flow and color. Congrats on another expectional painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat! I appreciate that. Hopefully I can put that flow into more of my work. Come back soon

      Delete