8/1/11

KEEP OUT

 "Hay Stacks"
9' x 12"

Went out with a couple of my painting buddies for some more punishment. You can just feel the heat radiating out of these photos and it was only 9 am! I did get some nice shadows and despite the heat had a lot of fun. We meet a man named Mannie that was working for real that day driving a forklift. He spoke only broken English, but was very excited to see our paintings. We found out Mannie was an artist himself after he showed us a large rock that he had decorated with a sharpie drawing various cowboy related doodles. I encouraged him to drop the sharpie and pick up some brushes. Hopefully Mannie will be starting his own Blog soon.


Glimpse of my palette

Wow, I'm dedicated!






1 comment:

  1. Love this painting!! It was an extra treat to see your reference picture. The shadows are beautifully done ..perfect color!!

    ReplyDelete