7/11/11

Downtown Ouray Colorado


"Mount Abrams from Downtown Ouray"   
6" x 12" 

I just got back from spending a week in Colorado with my family. Colorado is beautiful and we saw countless waterfalls and mountain peaks. I didn't want to shortchange my family, so I woke up extra early each day to get in some painting time and let them take their time getting up. You don't have to go far to find a great view, so I just set up my easel downtown and had 360 degrees of paintable mountains. Texas is not known for giant mountains, so I was jumping at a chance to paint some. Even a quick rain shower didn't ruin the moment. One thing I learned was the light changes and shadows come and go quickly this high up.

 


1 comment:

  1. Outstanding, Randy! Hope the temps were cooler there..still over 100 here at 9 pm!

    ReplyDelete